Wet Paint Competition Rules and Regulations
Sale: Saturday & Sunday, May 13-14, 2017
This event is being held in conjunction with the Oil Painters of America's National Exhibition at Eisele Gallery in Cincinnati, Ohio. Cash and/or merchandise awards will be presented to the top five artists in both the indoor studio and plein air painting divisions. Winners will be announced at the awards reception at the Cincinnati Art Club on Saturday, May 13, from 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. This year's Juror of Awards is Roger Dale Brown OPA. Plein Air (i.e. open air) paintings are executed outdoors from real life, as opposed to using photographs or models in a studio. Both painter and subject matter must be outdoors, and photographs may not be used. Studio paintings are executed indoors. Both painter and subject matter must be indoors, and photographs may not be used.
RULES FOR THE EVENTEligibility Requirements: Artists with a full registration to the National Convention are eligible to participate in the painting events and competition
- Painting Area:
Plein air artists may paint any subject or scene outdoors that he/she chooses, within the states of Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky.
Artists competing in the indoor studio competition must paint indoors and can paint any subject matter of his/her choosing provided the subject matter is also indoors. Models and props will be available for artists painting at the Cincinnati Art Club. Photographs may not be used for this competition.
- Painting Time Period: Each work of art must be started and completed between the dates of Wednesday, May 10 and Thursday, May 11, 2017.
This event will be held rain or shine, so come prepared!
- Required Registration: All participating artists must have a full registration to attend the National Convention, as well as have their canvas stamped prior to any work being done. (No Exceptions) A schedule of registration times and locations is listed below.
- Material Requirements:
Oil is the only medium that will be accepted
- The artists' canvas, paper or board must be stamped with the OPA seal by a representative of OPA or Eisele Gallery of Fine Art.
- Painting Submission Requirements:
a. Maximum painting size should not exceed 320 square inches unframed
b. Paintings must be delivered framed to the OPA tent outside of the Cincinnati Art Club, no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 11, 2017.
c. One painting per artist guaranteed. Based on the number of registered attendees, OPA may allow for an additional painting so come prepared!
d. The "OPA" stamp provided at registration must be visible on the back of each painting
e. All paintings must be appropriately framed, mounted and securely wired for hanging.
OPA reserves the right to refuse any painting improperly framed or wired.
- Artists are responsible for picking up unsold paintings after the "Beautiful Ohio" awards ceremony on Saturday, May 13, or on Sunday, May 14, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- OPA will assist artists who would like to have their painting(s) shipped home. If you have an account number for Fed Ex or UPS be sure to bring it with you!If not, payment is due prior to shipping.
Proceeds from Painting Sales:
For any paintings sold, the proceeds will be divided as follows: Artist: 70% Eisele Gallery: 10% Oil Painter of America: 20%
Wednesday, May 10 and/or
Thursday, May 11
|Wed - Noon to 5:00 p.m.
Thurs - 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
|Cincinnati Art Club @ the OPA Tent|
|Framed Painting(s) Turned In:
Thursday, May 11
|Any time before 5:00 p.m.||Cincinnati Art Club @ the OPA Tent|
|"Beautiful Ohio" Awards Ceremony:
Saturday, May 13
|7:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.||Cincinnati Art Club|
Saturday, May 13 or Sunday, May 14
|Saturday after the awards ceremony or Sunday between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.||Cincinnati Art Club @ the OPA Tent|
For further questions regarding OPA's National Exhibition "Beautiful Ohio" Wet Paint Competition please call 815-356-5987 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org