JUROR OF AWARDS TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT
DATE APPROVED: November 19, 2004
DATE REVISED: December 14, 2009
The Juror of Awards shall be entitled to reimbursement for expenses related to jurying a Regional and/or National Exhibition. Only ordinary and necessary traveling expenses are reimbursable. The following are considered "ordinary and necessary expenses" and will be reimbursed:
- Full reimbursement of a coach airfare purchased at least 14 days in advance of the date of travel. OPA expects that all reasonable effort shall be made to obtain the lowest airfare possible. The purchase receipt is required for reimbursement.
- Hotel room charge and applicable taxes for room nights which are necessary in the execution of the duties related to jurying a regional and/or national exhibition.
- Rental car (if necessary). Please check with your insurance agency before taking additional insurance coverage.
- Use of a personal car shall be reimbursed at the prevailing IRS mileage rate. Reimbursement is limited to no more than the cost of coach airfare.
- Jurors electing to drive will be responsible for any additional expenses incurred while driving to and from the exhibition including, but not limited to hotels and meals.
- While traveling, personal telephone calls are reimbursable though you are encouraged to make only calls that are necessary. OPA encourages the use of a personal cell phone where possible instead.
- Only ordinary and necessary traveling expenses are reimbursable.
Please advise OPA immediately of any extenuating circumstances we should be made aware of in regard to your traveling on OPAâ€™s behalf.
The following are generally not considered "ordinary and necessary expenses" and will not be reimbursed:
- Spouses and/or guests are most welcome and encouraged to attend, however, OPA is unable to pay any expenses related to his/her travel.
- Hotel movies
- Minibar expenses
- Reading materials
- AOL or similar on-line service provider expenses
- Additional expenses related to flying including, but not limited to, in-flight drinks, or entertainment.
Requests for reimbursement are appreciated within 90 days of the show in question.
Original receipts showing the form of payment must be included for all charges of $25 or more.
The Treasurer shall interpret this policy in approving reimbursement expenses and his/her determination shall be final.
1 - JUROR OF AWARDS
Mission Statement & Bylaws
2 - SELECTION COMMITTEE
3 - MASTERS
4 - SIGNATURE MEMBERS
5 - MEMBER CONTACT LIST
6 - GRANTS AND FELLOWSHIPS
7 - ORIGINAL WORK
8 - ELIGIBLE PAINTINGS
9 - JUROR OF AWARDS TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT
11 - BOARD OF DIRECTOR'S TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT